Final update of this page is in progress, please check back. View the high-res image. This is a conveniently clickable group of things I mention and display in Tunisian Crochet on the Diagonal classes. I teach the next one on July 27, 2018 in Portland OR. I show a huge amount of published and unpublished crochet designs in this class including new, never seen! Each illustrates the stitches and techniques learned. — Vashti Braha
Diagonal Tunisian Crochet Patterns
- My published Tunisian Crochet downloadable patterns
- Some of my not-yet published Tunisian Crochet projects
Recommended Issues of Vashti’s Crochet Inspirations Newsletter
- Issue #48: Diagonal Tunisian Crochet Discovery
- Issue #64 Dramatic Tunisian Edge Increases
- Issue #68 Filet Net Textures, Rotated
- Issue #22 Crochet That Pours
- Issue #37 When Stitches Lean
- Yveline: First Look (June 2018)
- The Graven story (Fall 2017)
- Five Basic Rules in Tunisian Crochet Patterns
- Tunisian Crochet Lace: New Habits (for Tunisian lace beginners)
- Crocheting a Triangular Shawl Point to Point
- My Favorite Way to Add a Professional Look Fast (blocking lace with mist as you go)
- A Powerful Tunisian Crochet Stitch to Love (the Tunisian Extended Knit Stitch)
- Tunisian Crochet Lace Scarf Preview (Warm Aeroette, 2014)
Photo Albums & Inspiration Boards
- Online photo album for this class 2016 to the present (Flickr).
- Corner-Start and Bias Crochet inspiration board (Pinterest).
- To Try with Tunisian Crochet Nets inspiration board (Pinterest)
- Wearable Simple Shapes to Crochet inspiration board (Pinterest).
- Color Blocks of Simple Textures inspiration board (Pinterest).
- Vashti’s Crochet Classes inspiration board (Pinterest).
All about the “Half-Hitch” stitch
- Quick how-to video (Backward Loop Cast On is the same as a half hitch stitch.)
- See the CAL discussion thread listed above.
Getting Geeky About the Geometry of Diagonal Tunisian
- Hypotenuse Calculator
- Create-Your-Own Graph Paper
Any Books on Diagonal Tunisian?
Not that I’m aware of. Here are my three favorite Tunisian crochet references in print:
- 2008: Tunisian Crochet Patterns 100, Nihon Amimono Bunka Kyo-kai, Japan ISBN 978-4-529-04484-4
- 2000 (1991), Rebecca Jones: Tricot Crochet The Complete Book, Lacis Pubs., Berkeley CA. ISBN 978-1-891656-28-6
- 2004, Angela “ARNie” Grabowski: Encyclopedia of Tunisian Crochet, LoneStar Abilene Pubg LLC, TX. ISBN 978-0-974972-55-8
The Five Peaks Tunisian Crochet Shawl design in the news & around the ‘net
I created this resource list for my students & others to explore the Five Peaks Tunisian crochet shawl, and similar start-in-a-corner, edge-as-you-go L-shaped wraps.
- Its Ravelry design page (best headquarters for everything concerning the pattern).
- Its Ravelry CAL discussion thread.
- Interweave Crochet magazine issue in which the original version of the pattern first appeared: Spring 2010 (back issue available on CD?).
- Downloadable pdf of the original magazine version of the pattern in the Interweave Pattern Shop.
- Blog post about the design by Marcy, editor of Interweave Crochet magazine
- My blog post about the development of this design.
- My blog post about the discovery that made the Five Peaks Tunisian Crochet Shawl possible
- Online photo set of my studio and process shots of the Five Peaks Shawls
Inspiring Features, Examples, and Variations of the Five Peaks L-Shape
- Doris Chan’s Fairlane
- Nicky Epstein’s __
- Barry Klein’s _