Updated on 7/18/18. View full size Starwirbel images. This is a conveniently clickable group of things I mention in The Starwirbel Way: Lacy Star Stitches classes. I teach the next one on July 26, 2018 in Portland OR. See student feedback. I show a lots of published and unpublished star stitch designs in this class and try new things with the stitch for each class! Each illustrates the stitches and techniques learned. — Vashti Braha
Thinking of signing up for this class? I wrote this post for you.
Crochet Patterns & Crochet Alongs
- Starwirbel pattern. Have a look at other people’s completed Starwirbels! (Make sure you’re logged in to Ravelry to see them all.)
- Crochet Along: The Starwirbel CAL (a source of some great info!)
- Looking for more of Vashti’s star stitch designs? See all of her self published star stitch designs here. See all of her unpublished star stitch projects here (log in to Ravelry first to see all of them). These are self-updating links.
Recommended Issues of Vashti’s Crochet Inspirations Newsletter
- Issue #73 How to Shape Star Stitches
- Issue #60 Star Stitch Lace Pretties
- Issue #70 Starting a Stitch with a Backtrack!
Starwirbel Class, Blogged
- Shaped Star Stitch Swatch (A backlit Starwirbel disk swatch)
- Foundation Star Stitch Love! (Also a test of a promising alternate yarn for Starwirbel)
- Crochet Star Stitch How-To, An All-purpose Guide
- Two Free Victorian Pattern Books That I Love (Especially for their antique star stitches)
- I Wore Starwirbel as a Ponytail Lace Veil
- The Original 2014 Star Stitch Class Resources page.
Inspiration Boards for this Class
- Star Stitch Crocheting (Featured by Pinterest: “We think your board is amazing, and it really demonstrates what Pinterest is all about!”)
- My Star Stitches Flickr album since 2013. Note that newer images display last (chronologically), the default in Flickr. Almost 600 images so far.
Any Books on Star Stitch Crochet?
Yes! Learn Star Stitch Crochet by Jenny King (2014, Annie’s)