This clickable list of slip stitch crochet resources is mainly to aid students of my classes in exploring more about Slip Stitch Crochet at their leisure. (If you have not yet taken any of my slip stitch classes, I hope someday I’ll meet you in one of them!) You’re welcome to enjoy the links below whether you’ve taken the classes or not. They represent the extra information that doesn’t fit into a standard three-hour class. Some are the names of designers, books, other types of slip stitch crochet, etc., that I may have mentioned in a class.
Below I also include a complete list of my downloadable slip stitch crochet patterns. In my classes, I show a huge amount of published and unpublished crochet designs to illustrate the stitches we learn in class, and what they can look like when they get dressed up for a party!
Please bookmark this page and check back again. I’ll be updating it with more information as it develops.
(Coming soon) You might also be interested in the pages I’m creating for my other class topics:
— Vashti Braha
Slip Stitch Crochet Class Resources
Page of my published Slip Stitch Crochet patterns at my Designingvashti.com website. (Also see my pattern shop at Ravelry.com)
Back issues of Vashti’s Crochet Inspirations newsletter that focus on Slip Stitch Crochet:
- Issue #9, “Slip Stitch for Style”
- Issue #12, “Why Not Twist Some Loops — On Purpose?”
- Issue #18, “Deep Crochet Research” (regards what I call the “Foundation Slip Stitch” as we discussed in class)
- Issue #27, “Stalking the Wild Slip Stitch” (earlier experiments with lacy slip stitch fabrics)
- Issue #29, “Short Row Startle!”
- Issue #35 “Draping Simple Shapes” (these happen to be slip stitch fabrics)
- Issue #36 “Crochet Ribs, Old & New Grooves” (slip stitch ribbing compared with traditional crochet ribs, including yarn use)
Slip Stitch Crochet Overview article at my Designingvashti.com website
Foundation Slip Stitch Photo Tutorial at my Crochet Pattern Companion Blog
Slip Stitch Crochet group in Ravelry (free, open to all)
Finnish blog post at Hillevisthreads (in English) about Bosnian Crochet
Slip Stitch socks of the Pamir people at CrochetInsider.com
James Walters’ Bosnian Crochet fabric images
Inverse Slip Stitches
David Burchall’s A Yarnified Life SSC blog
“Inverse” stitches in regular crochet:
- Hazel Furst’s “Back to Front Crochet” http://crochetbtf.com/ ;
- Dee Stanziano’s “Pushmi-Pullyu” http://www.localneedle.com/Pushmi.pdf
Slip Stitch Crochet Books of Interest
- Tanja Osswald’s Kettmaschen (in German)
- Nancy Nehring’s Learn Slip Stitch Crochet and Slip Stitch Caps: http://amzn.to/zfRLYS
- Bendy Carter’s Knit 1 Purl 2 in Crochet.
- Dora Ohrenstein’s designs and articles in Interweave Crochet magazine, Fall 2010 and Winter 2011 issues.