I created this resource list for my students & others to explore the Five Peaks Tunisian crochet shawl, and similar start-in-a-corner, edge-as-you-go L-shaped wraps. (If you have not yet taken any of my Tunisian crochet classes, I hope someday I’ll meet you in one of them!) This extra information didn’t fit into a standard three-hour class. Some items are names of designers, books, etc., that I may have mentioned in class.
Below I also include a complete list of my downloadable patterns for Tunisian crochet shawls and accessories. In classes I show a huge amount of published and unpublished crochet designs. They illustrate what we learn in class, and what can happen when we take it further. — Vashti Braha
The “Five Peaks Tunisian Crochet Shawl” Class Resources
The Five Peaks Tunisian Crochet Shawl design in the news & around the ‘net
- Its Ravelry design page (best headquarters for everything concerning the pattern).
- Its Ravelry CAL discussion thread.
- Interweave Crochet magazine issue in which the original version of the pattern first appeared: Spring 2010 (back issue available on CD?).
- Downloadable pdf of the original magazine version of the pattern in the Interweave Pattern Shop.
- Blog post about the design by Marcy, editor of Interweave Crochet magazine
- My blog post about the development of this design.
- My blog post about the discovery I made that made the Five Peaks Tunisian Crochet Shawl possible
- Online photo set of my studio and process shots of the Five Peaks Shawls
Vashti’s Crochet Inspirations newsletter issues that pertain to the Five Peaks Shawl
- Issue #48: “Diagonal Tunisian Crochet Discovery”
- Issue #44: “Dainty Eyelets for Winter Lace”
- Issue #64 (forthcoming; check back for it here.)
[Some of these lists are under construction.]
All about the “Half-Hitch” stitch
- Quick how-to video (Backward Loop Cast On is the same as a half hitch stitch.)
- See the CAL discussion thread listed above.
Getting Geeky About the Geometry of the Five Peaks
- Hypotenuse Calculator
- Create-Your-Own Graph Paper
Inspiring Features, Examples, and Variations of the Five Peaks L-Shape
- Doris Chan’s Fairlane
- Nicky Epstein’s __
- Barry Klein’s _