NOW with a crochet stitch video! (Click image link within pattern.)
Use extra-thick Peaches ‘n Creme cotton yarn and a pretty stitch pattern that looks as good in a solid color as it does in multicolored yarns for this fresh addition to the home. The border mimics traditional rug binding. You can also hold together two strands of regular worsted weight yarn as you crochet (see photo of swatch).
In early January 2010 I needed a fresh new bathmat for the new year, and contemplated the cone of double-thick Peaches & Crème cotton yarn in my stash that I’d never swatched. I knew I wanted a nice texture to crochet and to look at every day around the house, but not so much texture that it would make hard lumps under my bare feet.
I ended up with this easy stitch combination that looks pretty in a solid color, or dramatic in two colors. It feels soft and thirsty. I’m also pleased with the border and so I’m proud to offer this design as an official DesigningVashti crochet pattern, directly from my house to yours.
After using this pattern you will know (if you didn’t already):
- An easy ‘mock cable’ stitch pattern
- An easy, effective crocheted ‘binding’ for a finished rug edge
- Limited amount of pattern abbreviations.
Pictured bathmat measures 18 inches/46 cm X 25 inches/63.5 cm.
Crochet hook: J/10/6mm.
Recommended yarn: Any durable #5 Bulky Weight yarn that lists crochet hook sizes in the range of K/10.5/6.5mm – N/13/10mm on its label. You can hold together two strands of regular worsted weight Peaches & Crème or Sugar ‘n Cream cotton as you crochet. Substituting other #5 Bulky weight yarns: You can use regular worsted weight Peaches & Crème or Sugar ‘n Cream cotton crocheted with two strands held together.
- Yarn used for pictured lavender project: Peaches & Crème Double Worsted (100% cotton; 395yds/361 m per 16oz/453g): color #41 Light Grape, 1 cone.
- Yarn used for pictured variegated project: Peaches & Crème Double Worsted (100% cotton; 395yds/361 m per 16oz/453g): color #182 Raspberry Swirl, 1 cone.
There are no reviews yet.