Note: The old URL for this design was www.shop.designingvashti.com/djc-lotus-curacao-jacket-2l-djc-curacao816.htm. The permanent URL for it is now https://www.designingvashti.com/product/djc-lotus-curacao-jacket/.
Lotus Curacao Jacket is the newly updated and expanded edition of a pattern in Doris Chan‘s first book, Amazing Crochet Lace (Potter Craft, 2006). It was called Blue Curacao Shawl and was designed for a fuzzy light worsted wool blend yarn.
Sizes and Yarn Amounts
Version #1 fits XS/S/M and perhaps L as a cropped, snug shrug.
- Lotus yarn used: two balls (6.4 oz/182 g 466 yd/426m), shown in color Carbonite.
Version #2 fits XS/S/M/L as a jacket, fits XL/2XL and perhaps 3XL as a shrug.
- Lotus yarn used: three balls (10.5 oz/297 g 760 yd/695m), shown in color Emerald Deep.
Version #3 fits XS/S/M/L as an oversized, coat-like jacket, fits XL/2XL/3XL as a jacket.
- Lotus yarn used: 1-lb Z-Bombe cone + 2 Snack balls, or 5 balls (16.8 oz/478 g 1225yd/1120m), shown in color Dark Roast.
“For its stunning drape, eye-candy colors, and season-spanning wearability and durability, I chose to use DesigningVashti Lotus for this design.” —Doris Chan.
- US Size 7 (4.5mm) crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge or desired fabric; Doris designed and crocheted these samples with Tulip Company Etimo cushion grip crochet hooks.
- Stitch markers.
- Tapestry needle for weaving ends.
There are no reviews yet.