After I created a stitch pattern that made me (and the yarn) happy, I imagine creating a shoulderette that would be lovely enough to wear to a wedding.
After using this pattern you will know (if you didn’t already):
- How easy it is to crochet a fashionable shrug a.k.a. shoulderette
- How to crochet Tunisian eyelets, Tunisian slip stitches, and twisted stitches
- The power of simple blocking to transform Tunisian crochet lace.
There is no shaping (the edging automatically does the shaping). Pattern is written for those who are learning how to read fashion crochet patterns and so it uses fewer abbreviations than the average crochet pattern.
- Liebling is designed to be close-fitting. Wearing it over smooth, thin dark clothing would help to emphasize the stitch pattern, and over bare shoulders shows off its natural spring to summer look.
- For daytime or dressy casual styling, bring out the drape in the stitch pattern with a simple smooth plant-based yarn. The multiple ways that the angles can be draped on the body asymmetrically will look great over easy basics, even jeans and a t-shirt!
- For evening, Liebling is striking in a dressy, shimmering yarn and worn with a little black dress.
Crochet hooks used for project: Size K/10.5/6.50mm Tunisian hook, minumum 9″/22 cm long; H/8/5mm regular crochet hook for edging.
Recommended Yarns: Yarns which list a needle/crochet hook size range of F/5/3.75mm-H/8/5.00mm. Yarn used for pictured Liebling: Berroco’s Mica (31% Cotton, 26% Silk, 23% Nylon, 20% Linen; 108yds/100m per 1.75oz/50g ball), color #1102 Ecru, 3 (3, 4, 5, 5) skeins.
There are no reviews yet.