The Classic 2 is a compact 13-piece crochet hook set. Perfect for one’s handbag, car, or yarn basket!
This is one of four crochet hook sets in the Classic series. (The others are Classic 1, and Classic 3; Classic 4 is no longer available). This series is not well known in the USA, but is a long time favorite in Japan. Each set is durable, charming, and smartly designed because it’s made by the Tulip Needle Company.
Classic 2 contains:
- 9 Crochet Hooks labeled with the millimeter (mm) size and the Japanese size—see details below.
- Yarn Needles in 2 sizes
The soft vinyl case opens like a small book and snaps closed. Each crochet hook has its own pocket. These pockets fold down to reveal snug slots for the scissors, ruler, and needles, as shown here. Measures 2.5″ x 6″ and is .75″ thick when closed.
Crochet Hook Sizes in the Classic 2 in order of smallest to largest size:
1 steel crochet hook
- 1.80 mm. (Note that US sizes for steel hooks vary widely. This size might be labeled #3 in one brand and #6 in another, for example.
4 aluminum crochet hooks in sizes up to D/US3 (3.25 mm). These sizes are handy for filling the smaller US size gaps:
- 2.00 mm (See note above for steel hook sizing.)
- 2.20 mm (Our standard B/US1 is 2.25 mm)
- 2.50 mm (Our standard C/US2 is 2.75 mm)
- 3.00 mm (Our standard D/US3 is 3.25 mm)
4 aluminum crochet hooks in standard US sizes:
- E/US4/3.50 mm
- G/US6/4.00 mm (Occasionally an F/US5 is 4.00 mm; otherwise it’s 3.75 mm.)
- H/US8/5.00 mm
- J/US10/6.00 mm